Subscriptions to the RNS support the activities of the Society in promoting numismatic study, including making grants to further research work, offering prizes to recognise excellence in numismatics and bringing speakers to the monthly meetings of the Society. In addition to helping to promote numismatics in the UK and internationally, members enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- monthly lectures covering diverse topics
- 25%-33% off the Society’s occasional publications, Special Publications
- free access to the Society’s comprehensive library (held at The Warburg Institute)
- subscription to the Society’s journal, The Numismatic Chronicle and a discounted rate on purchases of back issues of the Chronicle
- two annual parties
- attendance at the annual joint colloquium of the Royal and British Numismatic Societies. Six to eight papers are presented by distinguished experts on a topic of general numismatic interest at a location outside London.